Thursday, February 16, 2012

"You Confuse Me"

by Dave


That's what the oncologist said as he walked in the room today.

"You confuse me."

That's not the first time he or his NP has said that to me.

They can't explain me.  For now, I can live with that quite nicely.

Today I received the results of my first mid-chemo CT scan, along with the first set of cancer marker results.  It couldn't have gone much better.

While the CT showed a couple of additional spots on my liver, the doctor believes that they may well have been there all along but just showed up because this most recent CT was the first "contrast CT" that I had.  But the REAL good news is that the cancer markers are WAY down: from 13,500 to 11,500.  Add to this that I haven't had a single pain pill in 22 days, and have only taken 4 anti-nausea pills EVER, and the fact that both my liver AND the cancer have shrunk, and it adds up to one thing:

My oncologist is confused.

I can live with that.

I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for your prayers, notes and phone calls.  You never know how much they mean until you find yourself in a situation like this (and I pray you never do), but they are such a source of strength for me.

Please keep them coming.

To God be the Glory!


Dear Mouse,

I feel like I have given this cancer a hard right punch in the mouth, and it feels SO good!  I hope it won't be the last good shot I give it, but by God, I at least landed ONE.  You know that you give me so much strength.  I think about my family and I just want to fight as hard as I can until the bell rings.  You would expect that from your daddy, and I never want to let you down again.

Love, Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment